Monday, April 28, 2014

Happy start again Monday

It's been dark over here for awhile, and for good reason. I wasn't in a great place in the early part of the year, and it took some semi-major changes to start feeling like a person again. I won't go into details quite yet, so I'll just say that I'm feeling 500x better than I have in about a year.

Part of what brings me happiness (and happy hormones) is working out. I'm not in any kind of killer shape at the moment, and when I do work out, I haven't been pushing myself as hard as I know I should. I tend to perform the best when my training is planned to the minute, vs. just hopping on a treadmill and hoping for the best. So today I tried this:
via fitsugar
I was able to eek out an extra half mile in the same amount of time compared to last week when I was freestyling my run. The time also seemed to go by waaaaay faster because I was focused on reaching the next interval only a minute or two away, instead of thinking "29 minutes left... 28 minutes left.." and so on.

I wrapped up with some light upper body strength training, again courtesy of a 10 minute video vs. a Morgan freestyle. A healthy breakfast and coffee later (AND back to the blog!!) and I feel like I'm off to a good start for the week.

Goal tonight: do another mini-sweat session, and then mediate. More on that later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment