Saturday, January 11, 2014

Super Orange


I HAVE to have something sweet after dinner. It's just a weird thing about me - I don't feel "done" unless I've had my treat. Preferably something in the ice cream or pastry family. 

The husband and I had baked cookies today; something that we very rarely do. And though we had enough extra dough to make for another batch that would satisfy my treat craving, that little healthy person inside me that's trying to break out reminded me that I'd already had three, and another three more probably undue my hard work on the treadmill earlier in the day.

What is something sweet and easy and healthy?....

Juice!

I wanted something more dessert-ey than my usual green stuff. We had grapefruit on hand, which I wasn't entirely sure about.

Sam is not entirely sure about the grapefruit
Super Orange: Grapefruit, Carrot & Apple Juice
  • 1 grapefruit (peeled obviously)
  • 2 apples
  • 4 carrots
  • Smidge of ginger
Wash it. Peel it. Juice it. Bam.

This juice was orange. Like really orange. I wasn't sure it was love at first sip. The grapefruit gave it a bite that makes you go "hmmm," but by sip #2, I was really digging it. It was sweet and refreshing and totally satisfied my need for a treat. 

I could also see this as a unique base for a mimosa. Or with vanilla ice cream. 

But for now I'll just stick with the healthy version.


No comments:

Post a Comment