Friday, January 10, 2014

So far so good

via
Ok folks, we are 10 days in to 2014! Let's see how we're doing with those resolutions we were so excited about just a short time ago..
  • Move every day - so far so good! Most days I do a real workout for an hour, other days do the bare minimum 15 minutes, like tonight after a long day at the office and 2 Downton Abbeys. Obviously I'd love it if I trained hard every day, but I'm happy to say that I've done something every day. My handy app has been super helpful in keeping me motivated.
  • Read at least 10 minutes a day - also on target. I love unplugging every day, even if it's just for 10 minutes.
  • Post to the blog at least 3 times a week - bonus points here, I'm blogging every day! I'm participating in BlogHer's NaBloPoMo, which means that I'm blogging every day in January. 
  • Eat in and bring lunch to work more often - we've eaten at home every night this week, thanks in huge part to the meal prepping I did over a week ago. I'm planning another batch of freezer meals this weekend. Eating out while at work hasn't been so great, as in I usually spend money every day. Sometimes I just need to get out of the office! This one needs a bit of work.
  • Work on my marriage - we had a good week :)
  • Spend 10 minutes a day on cleaning and chores - doing well here too. Some nights I just do a quick pickup in a room or around the house, but my bathroom has never stayed this tidy this many days in a row!
  • Respond to personal messages timely - meh. I'm doing.. ok. I don't know why but this is one I just have the hardest time with. I don't like responding to personal messages when I'm at work, but then when I'm not at work it feels like responding to my backlog of messages is work, and I don't want to do it. I've found some success with the whole "do something x minutes every day" thing, so I may set up a new habit to spend 5 or 10 minutes on responding to things daily.
  • Eat clean - doing ok, could be better. I work in one of those super cool offices with basically a free minimart for a kitchen, and toward the end of the week when I start losing my "eat clean yay!" oomph, I'm reaching for the fake healthy stuff like chocolate Clif bars and wheat thins. I've managed to stay diet soda-free all week, and have successfully made the switch to plain fizzy water. Next week I'd like to refocus on swapping out the processed stuff for whole foods. And MORE JUICING!
  • Stress less about work - ups and downs here. I started the week with a ton of anxiety for whatever reason, and ended the week feeling pretty happy with what I accomplished. 
  • Spend less money - the jar system (I swear I'll explain one of these days) is doing it's job and keeping me conscious of what I'm spending every day. 
So, I'm not a completely different person than I was on December 31st, but I do feel like I'm taking little steps forward every day toward being that happy, fit, healthy, optimistic, responsible and financially sound woman I aspire to be. I don't expect to change overnight, but I'm getting there. Baby steps!

How are YOU doing with your resolutions? Making progress?

No comments:

Post a Comment