Friday, December 27, 2013

Back to normal


I'm happy to announce that just about 24 hours after surgery, the poofy cheeks are gone and I'm feeling at 100%, except for the whole not being able to chew my food part. The above is my "back to normal" face, and while I did take a post-surgery selfie, I won't be posting it here. I didn't lose the baby fat in my face until well into my adult years, after discovering regular exercise and healthy eating habits, and so my post-surgery face was basically me, circa 2004.

As justifiably lazy as I've been the last day and a half, my brain has been in full planning mode for 2014. I've never created new years resolutions before, other than the vague lose weight or eat better. This list is in progress and I'll post it in the next few days, but like this blog, the resolutions are going to work towards the goal of being happy, healthy and balanced. These are the life areas that I'm going to focus on, with a goal or habit in each area:

  • Career
  • Family
  • Finances
  • Fitness
  • Friendships
  • Health
  • Home
  • Marriage
  • Mental Health
  • Travel

I have a few ideas jotted down in each category so far, and I'm continuing to brainstorm. Stay tuned for the full list before the new year!

-M


No comments:

Post a Comment