The morning was dreamy as clouds enveloped the house. I had the morning to myself, and despite being confined here for the past couple days, the thought of being cozy at home sounded wonderful. I'd had my fill of lounging about, so with a few hours until Lars returned from his ride, decided to take a stab at a goal I have for the new year: weekly meal prepping to improve our health and finances. Four hours, a trip to the grocery store with Sam, and five recipes later, our fridge is stocked with - *GASP* - homemade food!
This is NOT normal for me. I typically do not enjoy cooking, especially after a long day of work, so everything I picked was designed to be nuked within a few minutes or thrown in the crockpot in the morning. I'm worried that after we go back to work, my domestic side will go back in hiding and I'll never do this again. I hope that's not the case!
|You guys. You guys. I cooked. You guys, lookie. I cooked something.|
- Chicken Tortilla Soup - Damn Delicious (Lars and I agree, this is damn delicious)
- Spinach Tortellini Soup - Budget Bytes
- Greek Marinated Chicken - Budget Bytes
- Freezer to Crock Pot - Pork Green Chile - A View at Five-Two
- Unstuffed Cabbage - Easy to be Gluten Free
Now, back to my book and quiet afternoon.