Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Adapting to change

It's crazy how just one day of clean eating can make a difference in how you feel the next morning.
steak+salad=steaksalad
So the good news this week is that my husband started his new job, which just so happens to be about 10 minutes away from office. This means that I have my carpool buddy back, and my time and rage on the road has been dramatically reduced.

The bad news is that I'm not sure how to stay motivated to get to the gym. I had signed up in January with the gym across the street from my office, and was driving down at 6am almost daily to beat traffic and work out. The mornings were tough, but once I was there, my only two choices were to work out or start working. Easy.

Fortunately the membership is valid at other location, and there happens to be another location about 10 minutes from. That means that I could get to the gym at 6am, work out until 7am, then be home in time to have breakfast and enjoy a bit of my morning. Or I could just stay home that entire time in my comfy house. See how that works? I know myself very well by now.. oh well. I'll keep thinking that through.

In the meantime, this morning I did get in a short run on the treadmill, and then tried out a short bodyweight workout via the PopSugar Fitness App on my iPad. I always feel like such a dork when I do videos, but this one was actually really good, and the app has a pretty decent sized library of workouts I'm looking forward to trying. It's definitely no Crossfit class (which I miss dearly), but I think this will be a great way to keep up a bit of strength training during this gym limbo.

Happy Wednesday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment