Friday, February 28, 2014

Decision time

via
I need to get a trip on the books. We've hit that dreary time of year where it's still dark and cold, and summer is still so, so far away. Especially up here in the PNW.

"Beach. Sun. Heat. Beach. Sun. Heat," says my brain. Over and over and over.

My short-list:
  • Thailand - I'd have to wait until the end of the year until my vacation builds up and husband can join. Not sure I'll make it!
  • Belize - beaches and jungles. 
  • Costa Rica - surfing and yoga?
  • Southwest US - possibly with a girlfriend, which could be fun. 
Husband just started a new job, so I may be looking at another solo trip. I've (sort-of) traveled solo before, and it's really nice to be able to have real "ME" time, whether it's sit on a beach for hours, explore a new town, or read by a pool. If I'm going to jet off by myself, I might spring for one of those rah rah girl-time yoga and surf camps in Central America. I've always wanted to be great at both, and what better way to learn than with (hopefully new!) friends some place new and beautiful. 

This weekend's goal is to have a place picked! Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment